cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background BackgroundEnvironment.java
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:57:36 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 11.03.2004 16:38, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>
>> sylvain     2004/03/11 07:38:31
>>
>>   Modified:    src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/cron
>>                         QuartzJobScheduler.java TestCronJob.java
>>                         QuartzJobExecutor.java
>>                         AbstractPipelineCallingCronJob.java
>>
>> src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background
>>                         BackgroundEnvironment.java
>>   Log:
>>   Refactor job launching to setup an environment that allows normal
>> use of the sourceresolver, including "cocoon:" protocol

>>   +    /** The Cocoon enviroment in which jobs will operate */
>>   +    private BackgroundEnvironment jobEnvironment;
>

> quoting Eclipse: "The private field QuartzJobScheduler.jobEnvironment
> is never read locally."
>
> Is it needed?

Well, if Eclipse says no, I guess it's right ;-)

Seriously, this refactoring went through several iterations and the
location of the environment move several times: it was initially a
singleton, but I later changed this when I realized that background
request processing can use request attributes, and that therefore a
singleton wasn't suitable.

Sylvain