cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Forwarding of internal pipeline calls
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:41:30 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>I'd prefer not to pollute
>>request parameters with internal cocoon stuff. This reminds
>>me of recently fixed header action which was iterating over
>>sitemap parameters. Similarly, users may rely in theirs code
>>on request parameters and iterate over them. Adding cocoon's
>>internal stuff as request parameters will break this. And
>>same may happen with source cache URIs discussed recently...
>>

>No, not really. The clever trick is to use invalid request parameter
>names that have a kind of namespace prefix, like cocoon:forward.
>All parameters with this namespace are filtered out by the core
>and not visible for the internal pipeline.

But then, if those parameters are filtered out, in case of cache URIs,
it makes more sense to have

    cache:main@60:http://www.apache.org

as you don't have to do any filtering at all, because you are not
polluting URI with invalid parameters in the first place! And it seems
that request parameter cocoon:forward got -1's already...

Vadim