cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Change internal redirect handling
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:36:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> As discussed recently, our internal redirects don't work the way one
>> would usually suspect. If you do an internal
>> redirect, like:
>>
>> <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon://some-pipeline"/>
>>
>> and the called pipeline has an error, then the error handler
>> of the calling pipeline (containing the redirect) is called
>> and not the error handler of the called pipeline.
>> So, the above line is not the same as:
>>
>> <map:redirect-to uri="some-pipeline"/>
>>
>> So, we have three choices to change this:
>>
>> a) Make an internal redirect a real forward (This is an
>>   incompatible change)
>>
>> b) Make it configurable on the uri, like
>> <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon://some-pipeline?cocoon:forward=true"/>
>>
>> c) Make it configurable on the map:redirect, like
>> <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon://some-pipeline" forward="true"/>
>>
>> For solutions b) and c) we can discuss the correct syntax later on,
>> let's for now focus on the way we want to have it.
>>
>> Although this is an incompatible change, I prefer a) as it is
>> imho the right way of doing the redirect.
>>
>> Please cast your votes for either a), b) or c)
>

> +1 for (a) and therefore -1 for (b) and (c).
>
> However, as discussed, a "cocoon:handle-errors=true|false" parameter
> is useful for use with the SourceResolver.

Why (a), (b), or (c) ? There is always option of (d):

d) Make it configurable on handle-errors element of the called pipeline.
This way, behavior of redirect-to does not need to be changed, and this
feature is more useful in general - especially in "portlets". Or is this
feature will be subject of next vote? :)

I'm +1 for (d), +0 for (a), -0.5 for (b) and (c).

Vadim