cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [CForms] Support for multipe unique-row-id in Repeater
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 02:18:06 GMT
On 05.03.2004 17:45, Marc Portier wrote:

>> Yes, I only see that wb:unique-row (grouped by type: unique or not
>> unique) is
>> outside of wb:on-bind (grouped by event: on-bind, on-insert,
>> on-delete) though
>> it is executed also at on-bind event.
>
> yes, but do you find that surprising?
> (in fact all of the on-bind is implicit on-insert as well)

I see.

> see my question about 'suprise' above:
> I don't think the cost in verbosity is gained by clarity here?
>
> I think replacing wb:unique-row with wb:identity does a far better job
> at adding clarity.

All together we are at:

<fb:repeater id="myRepeaterId" parent-path="." row-path="TheRowPath">
   <fb:identity>
     <fb:value id="myId1" path="myId1"/>
     <fb:value id="myId2" path="myId2"/>
   </fb:identity>
   <fb:on-bind>
     <fb:value id="field1" path="field1"/>
     <fb:value id="field2" path="field2"/>
   </fb:on-bind>
</fb:repeater>

> IMHO the behaviour of what happens on the on-bind event is more related
> to the 'strategy' of the repeater as discussed here:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107062679414114&w=2
>
> my proposal would be to mix-in the @strategy and have the docos
> introduce the clarity on what happens in 'on-bind'
>
> wdyt?

I read all the threads and use cases. And yes, a unification of the
different repeater bindings is desirable goal. @strategy or @type or ...
is a good way to specify this explicitely.
Also the unification for binding to bean or XML is a one. This ends at
the latest with the repeater at the moment as the @parent-path/@row-path
is different for beans and XML.

Joerg