cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cforms] selection list binding
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:33:46 GMT
On 10.03.2004 22:01, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Not it's me that's not getting your point here ;-).

Ok, let me clarify. I think I do nothing unusual. Yes, I have a form
with a simple dynamic selection list. And I do the binding against a bean.

There are two known ways to set the selection list dynamically:
setSelectionList(String uri) and setSelectionList(Object model, String
valuePath, String labelPath). The first one is for the @src, the latter
one for setting the selection list from flow (and using
FlowJXPathSelectionList internally).

As I do not want to go back to sitemap I chose the latter one, remains
only the question where to use it. I found wd:on-value-changed in the
samples, the usage in the "normal" flowscript works of course too.
on-value-changed is not appropriate for me. The usage of
setSelectionList in the "normal" script makes it specific to the form,
at the moment it is so generic that it is applicable for all my forms.

So when/where shall the selection list be set? I liked the idea of doing
it during the binding, wb:javascript made it possible to me. Do you
think it's bad? I added therefore the collection to fill the selection
list to my DTO.

For the case this is not a completely stupid way of handling it I
suggested to replace the wb:javascript code with a common usable wb:list
element.

But still I have one problem independent of this: When using
setSelectionList() the entry without a value, that should be there to
unset any choice, is replaced/removed.

I hope this time it was written more straight forward and not that much
irritating.

Thanks in advance for any comment.

Joerg