cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [cforms] selection list binding
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:01:51 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, Ugo, I only do not get your point.
>
> My problem was about binding and I solved it with the above wb:javascript code
> and it works for the moment. But I could imagine that I'm not the only one
> binding selection lists to a collection, so maybe adding an element like the
> above mentioned wb:list could replace the need for the wb:javascript above. It's
> like the sample on the wiki - instead you can simply use wb:value.

Pardon me if I'm being obtuse, but why would you want to set a selection
list's contents via binding? Isn't your aim to generate the <option>s of
a <select> using a collection? If so, what is the flow-jxpath selection
list missing? Or is it me that is missing something obvious here? Can
you describe your use case?

> Now what should @type="flow-jxpath" change, especially as it is in the form
> definition? setSelectionList() also works without specifying the @type, even
> without having wd:selection-list in the form definition.

Not it's me that's not getting your point here ;-).

	Ugo