cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Rhino
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:01:17 GMT
On 10.03.2004 19:51, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Steven,
>
> I wasn't looking for panic mode.  Just some info.  This exact problem,
> although somewhat less serious, showed up just a few days earlier with Jisp
> and folks on this list were actively discussing alternatives.

Jisp or store discussion in general was more about code than license ...

>  Since Brian's
> post not a single follow-up on Rhino here.

... while Rhino is only about license. This discussion takes indeed
place on the PMC list.

On the other hand there is no need (license POV) to switch from Jisp to
another store as we have a valid license for the current version in use.
Only the new Jisp 3.x is licensed under GPL and can no longer be
distributed with Cocoon.
In contrary for Rhino we have the license issue for the current version
in use. But the discussions about this issue with the other party seems
to be more constructive than with Jisp community. So there will be a
satisfying solution I think.

Joerg