cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: Troubleshooting problem with Sysdeo Tomcat Eclipse plugin
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:31:29 GMT
> The code above does not actively ignore the exception, even less
> silently swallow anything. Errors are uncecked type exceptions in Java.
> I don't presume you suggest this is the place you want to log any
> throwable down the execution path? If I were to take a guess, this one
> will end up in the catalina.log or something similar.

You are totally right -- sometimes when you stare at something long
enough, you start to see things that are not there :)  I was expecting
that log to appear on the Eclipse console.  However, I had a look at the
log files and lo and behold:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
         at
org.apache.commons.jexl.util.Introspector.<clinit>(Introspector.java:78)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.class$(JXTemplateGenerator.java:535)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.<clinit>(JXTemplateGenerator.java:933)

So forget the exception handling thing, but it does seem like
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar needs to be in lib/core since jexl is.

thanks,
-steve