cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Troubleshooting problem with Sysdeo Tomcat Eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:51:47 GMT
> After editing this code and catching the exception, I was able to
> quickly tell that is was a NoClassDefFoundError, and that it had
> something to do with Commons Loggings stuff.  Turns out I didn't have
> the commons-logging-1.0.3.jar in my classpath.  The reason why I didn't
> notice this before is because my Tomcat install has this jar in its
> server/lib dir.

Hm...

AFAIU only the commons-logging-api.jar should be in the
container's lib directory and the commons-logging.jar
should reside in the WEB-INF/lib. ...at least for the
commons-logging classloading concept. Or did I get this
wrong?

> A few observations:
>
> - Should commons-logging-1.0.3.jar be in lib/core rather than
> lib/optional?  In my case, the JXTemplateGenerator wouldn't run without it.

Sounds reasonable to me then

> - Should the invokeNodes() method in AbstractParentProcessingNode just
> ignore the exception?  Maybe it should be caught and logged?

Could you create a patch and file it to bugzilla?

cheers
--
Torsten