cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [Vote] new "importance" attribute on in status.xml (was: Re: Doc about important changes)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:14:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>It seems that we need a place where we can put "important changes" for 2.1.5.
>
>This is currently the renaming of woody to cocoon forms and the incompatible excalibur-logger
change that might cause problems with existing installations.

>Apart from putting it on the Wiki has someone a good idea where to place such things so
that they are visible for people downloading or extracting the distribution? Perhaps a "Readme.1st"
etc.

Once again the need arises to categorize changes ;-)

Let's finally introduce this "importance" attribute on <action>
elements, that will allow to clearly distinguish changes. It can be used
to organize the release notes page (important changes come first) and
also to filter the announcement email (only important changes are
relevant here).

I also propose that each block has its own status.xml file. The main
status.xml will be used for changes to the core, and also change of
block status (creation, deprecation, etc).

So let's finally vote on this.

- do you want to add an importance="high|low|medium" attribute on
<action> in changes.xml?

- do you want each block to have it's own status.xml file?

Sylvain