cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CocoonForms] END of code freeze
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:57:14 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> On 09 Mar 2004, at 12:10, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>>> The new forms block is in CVS and Woody removed.

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH* !!!!

>>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Ouch - are you sure this was needed *immediately after* the renaming?
>> I know this eventually needed to be done, but I would have given the
>> old block a grace period of at least two weeks.
>>
>> </Steven>
>

> Sorry for this. I thought there was no need for the old block but if
> somebody needs it we can revert the removal.

Oh yes, *please*, *please*, because this instantly breaks all
applications that use woody and the latest CVS !!!!

And I guess many people are in this situation. At least I am.

What would be better, IMO, is to leave the woody block as is, but mark
it as deprecated and clearly indicate the migration in samples.

Sylvain