cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cocoon 2.2] JStyle
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 10:37:56 GMT
On 09.03.2004 09:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, actually the JStyleFormatter is not used, here is the part
> from the xconf:
>
>       <!-- Specifies which formatter to use to format source code.
>            This parameter is optional.
>            It is commented out because of bug #5689: Java "code-formatter"
>            incorrectly formats double values -->
>       <!--parameter name="code-formatter"
> value="org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JstyleFormatte
> r"/-->

That was the reason for asking if it has been in use.

> Is anyone against removing this completly (at least from 2.2) and
> deprecating it in 2.1.x?

+1 especially as there is no place to get more recent versions of
jstyle. IIRC this thing has been renamed to astyle and ended completely
at the end.

After Jalopy was added I tried to write also a JalopyFormatter. But they
need something File-based (don't know what exactly, it was not the
file-to-be-formatted) and so I stopped it - I didn't want to patch
Jalopy first. Furthermore there is the issue of the forking of a
commercial version by the main developer Marco Hunsicker. Maybe it's
better to wait for a community development, not that they overtake
jstyle's fate ...

Joerg