cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Rename Rhino-with-continuations packages
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:39:34 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 08 Mar 2004, at 23:09, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> unless donated by the well-known friendly-neightbor-organization
>> directly, that is.
>

> I took the plunge and started talking. See my other mail.
>
> </Steven>

Hopefully that will lead to something productive. However, it still
won't solve the Websphere/Weblogic issue.

Assuming that sooner or later continuations are added to standard Rhino
(whether it moves to Apache or not), to ensure that the proper version
is used by Cocoon we would need to refactor the flow and woody /forms
and jxtemplate components to use an isolated version of Rhino that is
loaded by its own class loader (that means all references to
org.mozilla.javscript.* will need to be removed from Cocoon code and the
corresponding functionality encapsulated with interfaces that  delegate
to the isolated version of Rhino).

So, somewhat ironically, having a forked version of Rhino actually makes
solving the Websphere/Weblogic problem much easier (we can simply rename
the packages).

--
Chris