cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: regarding JCS usage...
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:14:33 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Corin Moss wrote:
>

>> Would it be worth polling the users and dev lists to get something of a
>> "wish-list" for store functionality?
>

> why don't we go back and see what is the problem we are trying so solve
> instead of branching off like crazy?

Admittedly, I was a little bit quick with checking in the EHCache store
implementation. And I doubt we should consider it to be a serious
candidate for our needs. Their being a rather obscure fork and semi
subproject of a reknowned BSD incompatible software project and all. I'd
realy love to use JCS instead.

OTOH it may help to allow people to compare some options and get some
test feedback.

> we must store lots of objects persistently and retrieve them fast.
>
> let's solve that issue first.
>
> I think that a balanced btree implemented in a file system is the
> easiest/most efficient way to go.

I know very little about this matter so I'll leave that to others. I
would however obviously prefer to use something external instead of
having to maintain it ourselves.

--
Unico