cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [RT] Forwarding of internal pipeline calls
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:28:40 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Unico Hommes wrote:
>

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>protocol something

>>>Yes, I thought of this as well. Unfortunately we have to
>>>

>>many hardcoded
>>

>>>places, where against the protocol name "cocoon:" is tested.
>>>

>>So if we
>>

>>>provide a new protocol we have to change all those places as well.
>>>
>>>And we have to come up with a good name, as <map:generate
>>>src="forward://something"/> might look at little bit strange :)
>>>

>>O I thought you meant by forward the behavior that error
>>handling would
>>be forwarded to the called pipeline and that the default
>>behavior should
>>be that errors are handled by the calling pipeline.
>>

>Yes, I meant that :) I think the word "forward" is good for a
>redirect (map:redirect-to uri="forward://sggd" but not
>for a general source definition (map:generate src="forward://")

Hmm I see. It would be more clear if the opposite of forward:// would be
include:// (also the servlet api terminology) but we already have
cocoon:// . I guess it's not worth deprecating cocoon:// in favor of
forward:// and include:// would it?

>>In that
>>case it may
>>be a lot less places where it had to change?
>>

>Why? Perhaps we meant the same?
>

>>What should be the default behavior?
>>

>The default should be as it is now.

Confusion abound :-) I see I was mixing things up. Sorry for that. I get
it now.

Unico