cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Rename Rhino-with-continuations packages
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:16:25 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 08 Mar 2004, at 03:59, Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> In order to allow the use of Flowscript on the BEA Weblogic and IBM
>> Websphere application servers (and possibly in other environments) I
>> propose that we rename the Rhino packages from org.mozilla to
>> org.cocoondev.
>

> Who will be the copyright holder?

Very good point. It cannot be the ASF, and cocoondev.org isn't a legal
entity that can hold a copyright. Considering that rhino+cont's single
author is Chris, he could be the copyright holder, but community-wise
this doesn't sound good.

And in the same area, what will be (or can be) its license? Is it
possible to relicense the fork or should we keep MPL?

Anyway, I'm +1 for the renaming, which, since the fork does exist, will
make it clear and visible, along with solving the technical problems in
WS and WL.

Sylvain