cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Rename Rhino-with-continuations packages
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:07:17 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> This mean another "official" forking of the Rhino engine. That also mean
> users of BEA and IBM AS will have 2 flowscript engine there, right? The
> current deployed with org.mozilla.* and our one org.cocoondev.*
>
> This can be easily traduced in more memory usage, etc. Is this correct?
>
> Currently, I am -0 because of these concerns.

If I understand correctly, without this change, Weblogic and Websphere
users won't be able to use continuations at all (and maybe even
flowscript), so the point about more memory usage sounds moot, doesn't it?

Besides, if you're running either WL or WS and you're paying either the
license fees or the army of consultants that it takes to run them
properly, you wouldn't mind a few bucks for a couple extra RAM modules ;-).

Ah, by the way, I'm +1 on what Christopher suggested.

	Ugo