cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject [VOTE] Rename Rhino-with-continuations packages
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 02:59:22 GMT
In order to allow the use of Flowscript on the BEA Weblogic and IBM
Websphere application servers (and possibly in other environments) I
propose that we rename the Rhino packages from org.mozilla to
org.cocoondev. The Rhino codebase used in Cocoon is currently hosted on
cocoondev.org
(http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre/?cvsroot=rhino).
The standard Rhino core in the mozilla.org CVS has been completely
rewritten since I added the interpreter that supports continuations.
Therefore it is impossible to move support for continuations to that
codebase in the short term. However, even if that were possible it would
not solve the problem of using Flowscript on Weblogic and Websphere,
because each contains its own forked or old version of Rhino which is
exposed to the class loader used by Cocoon.

Here is my +1.

--
Chris