cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Turning off default MRU store
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:59:15 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Geoff Howard dijo:
>

>>Ok, I think this bears bringing this issue up in a new thread (so people
>>notice it).  The point I take out of this is that JCS makes it explicit
>>that successful persistence is not currently guaranteed (at least in the
>>default better-performing configuration).  For all we know, this may
>>have been the case with JISP too but just not explicit.  I don't know if
>>people have used our Cache as a persistence layer for application data.
>>I would not have recommended it before, and definitely would not now if
>>we go to JCS.  I'm comfortable with this.
>>

>BTW, OJB can uses JCS too:
>
>http://db.apache.org/ojb/objectcache.html

This is exactly the reason this point needs to be clear.  Knowing that
peristence is not guaranteed in all circumstances, I would not want
anyone using our upcoming JCS Cache for persistence of critical
application data without being clearly aware of the risks in the case of
abnormal shutdown.

Geoff