cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Xerces and latest cocoon HEAD - NoClassDefFoundError
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:35:49 GMT
On 07.03.2004 10:15, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> I tried to use latest lenya with lates cocoon, but I get the following
> problem after logging into lenya:
> 09:57:46.873 EVENT  Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8888
> 09:57:46.874 EVENT  Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@4f1d0d
> 09:58:16.997 WARN!! Error for /default/authoring/index.html
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/util/ObjectFactory
>         at org.cyberneko.pull.parsers.Xerces2.<init>(Xerces2.java:77)
>         at
> org.apache.forrest.components.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction.act(SourceTypeAction.java:105)
>
> And indeed the class org/apache/xerces/util/ObjectFactory is even not in
> the xerces cvs.
>
> Any ideas?

I guess you either have to downgrade your Xerces or to get a new version
of Neko, which is compatible. The commit message for the delete is clear
cut:

ObjectFactory was designed to be package private. Putting copy of
ObjectFactory and related classes in the sub packages. This class
exposes class loaders and other sensitive data directly which is
security concern.

Though such a change on a patch release (from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2) might be a
bit irritating ...

Joerg