cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/sou rce/implCachingSource.java AsyncCachingSource.java RefresherImpl.java
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:00:25 GMT
Hi Antonio :-)

Integration of JCS as an excalibur Store service is going pretty well.
Solved most of the remaining issues I think.

There's one quite fundamental issue on the JCS side that still needs to
be addressed though. There seems to be a problem flushing the memory
cache onto disk during shutdown. This effectively means that a lot of
stuff won't be recoverable between server runs. Obviously this MUST be
fixed before considering JCS as a caching system for cocoon, let alone
the default one.

Going by what the guy that helped me on the JCS users mailinglist said
this is a known issue but no big deal. They just need to put in a simple
fix.

--
Unico