cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl CachingSource.java AsyncCachingSource.java RefresherImpl.java
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:35:58 GMT

haul@apache.org wrote:

> haul        2004/03/06 13:00:39
>
>   Modified:    src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl
>                         CachingSource.java AsyncCachingSource.java
>                         RefresherImpl.java
>   Log:
>   Add log statements for swallowed exceptions
>   Extract some methods in RefresherImpl
>   Extract some constants in RefresherImpl
>   (IOW just moving things around)
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.6       +18 -4     cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/CachingSource.java

:-( I had so many changes on my local FS for these classes. I totally
reworked their implemenatations. Not your fault though. I should have
worked more incrementally and checked them in sooner. I'll find a way to
merge it all.

Just to give you an idea of what I am doing here is a quick summary:

Basically I want to move all communication with the Cache into the
Refresher. I am renaming RefresherImpl to DelayRefresher and adding a
Refresher implementation that is externally triggered by events. I am
changing the location protocol string as discussed earlier. Probably can
merge CachingSource and AsynchCachingSource.

I also changed the way DelayRefresher persists its entry configurations
to instead of doing a manual xml serialization of the data just dump the
  whole Map of entries into a persistent store.

By the way I think you are the one to ask Christian: I noticed there is
no scheduler.addPeriodicJob(.. Object job, ..) method. Is there a reason
for this or can I add one? So that the Refresher can add itself and its
update targets directly.

Cheers,
Unico