cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUMMARY] From Woody to Cocoon Forms 1.0
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:12:13 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 05.03.2004 19:49, Tim Larson wrote:
>
>>>  Package: org.apache.cocoon.cforms
>>>
>>> here I would go "forms" instead. package naming is where the estate
>>> really is, where class collissions might happen.
>>

>> I understand how this seems like a good place for the battleground,
>> but to introduce a new winner it looks like this would force us to
>> break code compiled against the previous major version because we
>> would be stealing the class and interface names for the new version.
>> Does the new block system somehow solve this problem like via
>> classloaders or something else?
>

> This was exactly the reason I liked the cforms in the package name more
> than just forms. BTW, why plural (c)forms instead of singular (c)form?

NOTE: the name "cforms" or "forms" doesn't make any different in the
previous versioning scenario.

It's a completely unrelated problem and having a more distinctive name
(cforms) is not going to help since the problem emerges violently
already when you have two different versions of the same block installed
in a single cocoon instance.

--
Stefano.