cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: From Woody to CocoonForms
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:09:16 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Vendredi, 5 mars 2004, à 13:18 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Pötz a écrit :

>> namespaces:
>> packages:
>> classnames:
>> xconf:
>> What do you think?
>

> Quite frankly, I think changing implementation-specific names
> (packages, classes) is not worth the hassle.
>
> I'd change just the namespaces maybe, assuming they *might* be used
> for another implementation besides woody in the future, the block name
> and mostly the documentation.
>
> I don't mind keeping woody as the technical name in some places, IMHO
> the name change disruption is not worth it.

Changing package or class names is the smallest problem if you use
Eclipse ;-)

>> ...I don't do the whole transformation at once because I know that I
>> don't have enough time. So I hope that some others jump in <hint/>
>> ;-)...
>

> And that's a big problem, the risk of having a half-finished renaming
> is big if we aim too high.

You could be right, so let's change the procedure:

 1. create a new "cforms" block
    (BTW: I would set up the new block with the name: "cforms")
 2. move Java and Xconf files
 3. check in into CVS
 4. write the stylesheet
 5. move the examples

WDYT?

Would be nice if somebody could help me with 4 and 5. Any takers?

--

Reinhard