cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Turning off default MRU store
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:06:59 GMT

Unico Hommes wrote:

> Corin Moss wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I might be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but I'm going to try and
>> turn off the default MRU store, in favour of the JCS based persistent
>> store.  I'd like to try some tests on performance without the default
>> MRU - has anyone else tried anything similar? I've simply set the core
>> store's role to point to the JCS store implementation.
>>

> I guess I already got ahead of you when I renamed JCSPersistentStore
> JCSStore just now :-) (And merged it with the AbstractJCSStore BTW). It
> seems to me that JCS is both and it could replace all three stores:
> DefaultStore, TransientStore and PersistentStore.

I have to add that this is not the whole story. We do actually need to
distinguish between persistent and transient storage. Some components
explicitly want to persist some data instead of just cache it for speed.
But as far as caching is concerned I think it we can leave it completely
up to JCS.

Unico