cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Turning off default MRU store
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:00:30 GMT

Corin Moss wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I might be getting ahead of myself a bit here, but I'm going to try and
> turn off the default MRU store, in favour of the JCS based persistent
> store.  I'd like to try some tests on performance without the default
> MRU - has anyone else tried anything similar? I've simply set the core
> store's role to point to the JCS store implementation.

I guess I already got ahead of you when I renamed JCSPersistentStore
JCSStore just now :-) (And merged it with the AbstractJCSStore BTW). It
seems to me that JCS is both and it could replace all three stores:
DefaultStore, TransientStore and PersistentStore.

> The rationale behind this is that JCS implements a MRU store all on its
> own - this simplifies things a bit as far as I'm concerned

Does it back memory stores with persistent stores in the same way that
DefaultStore is doing? That is, a memory store upfront and a background
task moving out items into a more persistent region when memory runs low?

Unico