cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: FOP with embeded SVG doesn't render at correct size in Cocoon
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:49:20 GMT
On 03.03.2004 22:20, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> It's the 0.20.5 release, but built with our Batik 1.5. I guess the FOP
>> people must clarify if this made any sense or not. IIRC we had the
>> released Fop jar in our CVS and got complaints for problems with Batik
>> after Batik update. So we rebuilt Fop with this new Batik and the
>> problems seemed to be gone.
>

> Odd. If it compiles, it shouldn't complain about missing methods
> at run time. There may be behaviour changes though, has someone
> checked the Batik change log?

I guess no, at least I didn't it. But our CVS contains a sample with an
image and this works for me after my recent commit for the image path
that was wrong: http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/fop/misc/minimal.pdf.
Probably it happens only for embedded SVG?

I searched for some more messages on this issue, but they always end at
the same place:
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2003-September/thread.html#19117
http://koala.ilog.fr/batik/mlists/batik-dev/archives/threads.html#03368

Batik has changed an interface and broke the dependency of FOP on it.
The Cocoon dev thread ended with the question of downgrading. But as you
said: "If it compiles, it shouldn't complain about missing methods at
run time."

Joerg