cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1 build.bat
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:09:05 GMT
On 05.03.2004 01:54, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> dijo:
>>joerg       2004/03/04 16:44:50
>>  Modified:    .        build.bat
>>  Log:
>>  removed the output of the very temporary classpath
> I think it is a good info for users. Often the problems are related to the
> usage of any of this endorsed libs. That way we can show them what version
> they are running while building Cocoon.
> At least an output line on a console does not hurt anybody.

That's true of course, but this "very temporary classpath" is further
modified by Ant and has nothing to do with endorsed libs. If you have an
endorsed libs problem, this won't fix it. Furthermore we know that this
script works and that it just uses the libs from lib/endorsed. The user
can just look there. For making sure that you do not have an endorsed
libs problem you can only test it on run time, e.g. by using Xalan's
environment check. I fear this line irritates more than it clearifies.

View raw message