cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:22:19 GMT
On 04.03.2004 20:10, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> Just keep in mind that everytime you do code generation IDEs that
>>> need to compile classes to operate (like Eclipse or Idea) choke big
>>> time.
>>
>> Haven't had this experience. All the time things got out-of-date I ran an
>> Ant script to exec xdoclet. Eclipse saw the 'gensrc' as a source dir and
>> compiled everything without choking.

We did the same thing in our last project (the ConWeb project) using
Netbeans, for MBeans, for the CMP layer and some session beans.

> But this gets pretty hairy with CVS and a distributed workgroup, believe
> me.

We also had no problems with it. As Hamilton said you just must not
commit generated code, but I think that's obvious. Do you have something
else in mind? What does "distributed workgroup" change on the issue?

Joerg