cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:55:33 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I second this opinion.  Our development is focused on using 2.1 since that
> is what is available. Although we are many months from deploying I wouldn't
> want to make a switch to 2.2 that late in the development.  We have a
> requirement to be able to instrument as much as possible, so getting a
> handle on pool sizes, etc. would be very valuable. We have a requirement to
> do this through JMX, so I'm definitely up to doing some work on this. This
> task is actually already on my schedule for the week after next.
>
> As for how hard it is, you just create Mbeans that monitor and manage
> things. As long as they can call methods that get and set the needed
> information you're set.

Yeah, well... that's as easy as it can be. However, I was looking for
something a bit more intelligent so that we don't have to write MBeans
for everything. I was looking into dynamic MBeans, which look like a
quite different beast to manage. Do you have any experience on that?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)