cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:27:42 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Yes, JMX is imho the way to go, so a general +1. I don't have
> much knowledge of JMX, but I would assistent and help in such
> an effort whereever I can.
>
> The simple question is only, which version we would use as base,
> I would suggest 2.2.

It really depends on how far we are from 2.2. I don't want to sound
pessimistic, and I must confess that I'm the first one lagging behind
the Fortress migration, but I have an overall feeling that we are still
quite far away, and I think that we could use something ASAP.

I'm no JMX expert at all, but I understand that basic JMX support can be
easily "piggybacked" on existing code, as long as you're basically happy
with monitoring and small management tasks: more important needs might
require significant changes to the code base, so if I were to draw a
plan I would say that we _might_ include some JMX code right now and
that we _should_ plan JMX support for 2.2, even if that requires some
refactoring. I have the feeling that a complex application like Cocoon
really could use some management tools.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino