cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Uyttenhove <jan.uyttenh...@xume.com>
Subject Re: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 27432] New: - Malformed HTTP headers (debug information in Parameters object)
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 14:58:33 GMT
agreed, 'nice one' was my reaction also :-)

I ran into this already some weeks ago, probably should have reported it 
on the mailling list. It is in my upgrade 'report' however :-), but I 
didn't consider it a bug or so. We're using a pagination component that 
started behaving really weird because of this.

What really surprised me is that this feature caused problems after an 
upgrade to 2.1.4, coming from 2.1.3 (I think). I started looking in the 
changes list and I found an entry for this [1] *before* the release of 
2.1.3. Probably I didn't notice it in 2.1.3, but it should be there ever 
since. I find it really strange that nobody reported problems with this 
before, so I thought it was a well considered and intended 'feature' 
instead of a possible 'bug' :-)

Jan

[1] "Sitemap components (matchers, actions, generators, etc) can know 
the location of their use in the sitemap unsing a special parameter 
named Constants.SITEMAP_PARAMETERS_LOCATION"


Jan Uyttenhove          jan.uyttenhove@xume.com	
 > Xume < - http://www.xume.com

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Wow, that's a nice one :)
> 
> Now, I think passing this debug information into the Parameters is not
> the correct way to go. It can cause - as we see - problems and in
> addition this is an incompatible change! So all sitemap components
> that are iterating over the parameters object are affected by this
> problem.
> 
> I think, we should disable this feature for now and find a better
> and compatible way.
> 
> Anyone against this?
> 
> Carsten
> 
> 
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: bugzilla@apache.org [mailto:bugzilla@apache.org] 
>>Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 1:21 PM
>>To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
>>Subject: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 27432] New: - Malformed HTTP 
>>headers (debug information in Parameters object)
>>
>>DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG RELATED 
>>COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT 
>><http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=27432>.
>>ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
>>INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.
>>
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=27432
>>
>>Malformed HTTP headers (debug information in Parameters object)
>>
>>           Summary: Malformed HTTP headers (debug information 
>>in Parameters
>>                    object)
>>           Product: Cocoon 2
>>           Version: 2.1.4
>>          Platform: Sun
>>        OS/Version: Solaris
>>            Status: NEW
>>          Severity: Major
>>          Priority: Other
>>         Component: core
>>        AssignedTo: dev@cocoon.apache.org
>>        ReportedBy: lars.rottmann@vodafone.com
>>
>>
>>Hello everybody,
>>
>>I encountered the following issue introduced with the 
>>Cocoon-2.1.4 release.
>>
>>As it turned out, a new feature of Cocoon-2.1.4 meant to 
>>provide detailed debug information in case of an error, is 
>>the cause of the problem. Each Parameters object given to a 
>>component is filled by Cocoon with an additional key 
>>"org.apache.cocoon.sitemap/Location". 
>>
>>We use the HttpHeaderAction to add custom headers to the 
>>output stream. This action iterates other the Parameters 
>>object and sets each Parameter as a HTTP header.
>>The debug information now appears as well as a header and 
>>causes some mobiles to refuse to display the requested content.
>>
>>This bug is probably not restricted to the HttpHeaderAction 
>>alone, but most likely affects every component iterating over 
>>all submitted Parameters instead of picking out one directly.
>>
>>Best regards
>>
>>Lars
>>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message