cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANN] GUIapplication for Offline Processing
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:06:17 GMT
Okay, Simon, sorry for my delay in replying.

Here's my idea of what I'd like to see.

Firstly, I'd ___love___ to see a really thin GUI, with no editors (or a
really cut down notepad style editor) living within Cocoon CVS, and
packaged with Cocoon .This GUI should make use of as much of Cocoon's
code as poss, e.g. its loader, Avalon, etc, to minimise the amount of
new code that is added because of it.

If that can be pluggable (preferably using an Avalon style component
system), that would be great.

I think that this GUI, if it can be simple enough so that it will be
easily maintainable by other Cocoon committers as well as Simon, would
significantly reduce the entry barrier to using Cocoon in offline mode,
and could increase its use in that area quite substantially.

Anything more, e.g. OpenOffice editor plugins, etc, that might require
more significant library dependencies, etc, can live in the "to be
created" Cocoon-Tools CVS repository. Maybe it could be the thing that
causes that repository to be set up.

What do you all make of this as an approach?

Regards, Upayavira