cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/binding RepeaterJXPathBinding.java
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:31:09 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>joerg@apache.org dijo:
>

>>joerg       2004/03/03 11:47:35
>>
>>  Modified:    src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/binding
>>                        RepeaterJXPathBinding.java
>>  Log:
>>  clean up: removed unused code (for reverting changes we have CVS, so
>>please remove old stuff always), JavaDoc added, comments fixed;
>>  changed isNullAllListElements() => isAnyListElementNotNull(): the
>>duplicate negation at usage time breaks my brain ;-)
>>

>This depends of the POV you see it:
>
>isNullAllListElements() -> This is not a negation. It check if :
>
>All elements on the List are null. Where is the negation?
>
>isAnyListElementNotNull() -> Here is a negation "Not null"  :-D

Generally speaking, negative forms should be avoided, as their
interpretation may be difficult depending on people's linguistic
background. I used to work with Japanese people long time ago, and I'm
sure this name, even with a single negation, would be very hard for them
to understand.

So what about "hasNonNullElements()"?

Sylvain