cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Default ProcessingPipline implementation?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:40:22 GMT
On 29.02.2004 14:53, Unico Hommes wrote:

>>> See the root sitemap where it says:
>>>
>>>   <map:pipes default="caching">
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Unico
>>>
>> And what happens if I dont specify an element <map:pipes/> in the root
>> sitemap? ;-)
>> Which ProcessingPipeline is will be used then?
>>

> AFAICT this would generate an error. Doesn't it?

Yes, it does. I came across this when setting up my first real life
project with Cocoon 2.1. I got a nearly meaningless error message
(something like null hint) when moving my "block" out of the Cocoon
deployment to its own place, so the block subsitemap became a root
sitemap. What I want to point at is the poor error message. AFAIK it's
much more expressive e.g. when the default generator is not set. Is it
possible to express a real error message for map:pipes too? I guess so,
just need somebody who does this for me :)

Joerg