cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject [cforms] Internationalization of custom error messages
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:12:31 GMT
Hey folks --

I'm using an output widget to display the error message that results
from some custom validation code.  The problem is that I would like to
internationalize the error message like the other validation-messages.
Unfortunately, the output widget just dumps the value out to the page.

Is there any way to achieve this with the current output widget, or is
there a better way to serve the custom error messages?  If not, I
propose an i18n-output widget (or an option to the existing output
widget?) that will render the value of the widget wrapped in 18n:text
tags so the I18nTransformer can translate with the rest of the form.

Also, on the subject of cforms i18n, it would also be handy if the
widget's label was included as a i18n parameter for the standard
validation-errors.  This way instead of just "This field is required"
you could have "Email Address is required."

cheers,
-steve