cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [XConfToolTask] java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:51:28 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> It was Xerces 2.6.0, but fixed for Cocoon 2.1.4.
>>

>> Thanks, Joerg.  I had it in my head that it was "fixed" but the
>> problem didn't go away.  Am I loonier than I thought?
>

> The problem after an upgrade is the remaining of the xerces JAR at
> tools/lib. The JARs are only copied on demand to that place, i.e. if
> no xerces JAR exists at that place at all. If there is already a 2.6.0
> JAR it won't be replaced if you have updated only lib/endorsed. This
> is at least true for build.bat. build.sh copies the endorsed libs
> always to tools/lib, but does not remove old versions.
>
> Is that explanation helpful?
>
> Why are these three files copied at all? When the java.endorsed.dirs
> property is set (which is to lib/endorsed) the JARs are on the
> classpath. If we need to copy them the build script should probably
> made a bit more intelligent on this issue.

No fair, I figured that out on my own but now you won't believe me... :)

I have no idea why the build copies those files, and I think no one
does.  Anyone?  In fact, the batch file spits out bogus file not found
warnings at the beginning of every build which has confused newbies.

Anyone against stopping the copy from lib/endorsed to toos/lib, and
pointing the ant/jetty endorsed dir to lib/endorsed directly?  If not,
then we need to fix the build scripts so that we are not shielded from
endorsed lib updates in the build.

Geoff