cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [XConfToolTask] java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:25:18 GMT
On 02.03.2004 22:08, Geoff Howard wrote:

>>> Which version of Cocoon?  The xpatch task is supposed to disable
>>> resolving of remote dtds but the underlying xalan/xerces feature was
>>> broken.  To be honest, I don't remember where it left off, when it
>>> broke or if/when it was fixed.
>>

>> It was Xerces 2.6.0, but fixed for Cocoon 2.1.4.
>
> Thanks, Joerg.  I had it in my head that it was "fixed" but the problem
> didn't go away.  Am I loonier than I thought?

The problem after an upgrade is the remaining of the xerces JAR at
tools/lib. The JARs are only copied on demand to that place, i.e. if no
xerces JAR exists at that place at all. If there is already a 2.6.0 JAR
it won't be replaced if you have updated only lib/endorsed. This is at
least true for build.bat. build.sh copies the endorsed libs always to
tools/lib, but does not remove old versions.

Is that explanation helpful?

Why are these three files copied at all? When the java.endorsed.dirs
property is set (which is to lib/endorsed) the JARs are on the
classpath. If we need to copy them the build script should probably made
a bit more intelligent on this issue.

Joerg