cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [CForm]two question/suggestion about multi-value field
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:31:08 GMT
roy huang wrote:

>1.In cocoon form multi-value field rendered as listbox or others,but if you want to enter
in a text input,the value is single. Can/Should cocoon form provide multi-value field as text
input,using separator like "," or ";" to separate the multi-value?

My first reaction: No way! Using separator is totally user un-friendly,
from my POV. But what actually should/could happen, is that you can
render multiple input boxes. You could even specify count of such boxes
using wi:styling

>2.Sometime we need to just display multi-value as text like <wd:output>,but I only
found binding can only bind multivalue-field with multi-value(only in cvs now).Can/Should
cocoon form provide multi-value binding to output widget?

I think no. Why do you want to bind it to wd:output? If you want to
*render* it as text output, you should use wi:styling type=output.

Vadim