cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:16:00 GMT
On 29 Mar 2004, at 10:16, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Well, there is a principle in subatomic physics (but, hey, I'm a
> lawyer so don't get picky just now :-)) saying that even observation
> can cause perturbation of a system, so that measurements are not to be
> trusted beyond a certain extent since the act of measuring might have
> impacted the results.

That's exactly what I was talking about yesterday with Stefano and
Fede... And all three of us agreed that instances should be
"immutables" (in other words, you can't "change" an instance, you can
just replace a running instance with another one "reconfigured")...

The framework should prevent any possible attempt to modify running
instances, then if with JMX (or other stuff) you decide that you can do
it, well, it's up to you (but the framework should be totally unaware
of that).

	Pier