cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Kinds of block dependencies. (was: Re: cocoon forms samples depends on XSP)
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:47:38 GMT
Jonas Ekstedt dijo:
> Hello
>
> There is no mention in blocks.properties that cocoon forms depends on
> XSP. If XSP is excluded the cocoon forms samples won't run (due to
> missing declaration of serverpages generator).

Hi:

Good point! Let's redefine dependencies by defining the kind of
dependency. AFAIK, there are 2 kind of dependencies:

1-Component Level
2-Samples Level

With (1) I think it is no way get rid of it, because it is an internal
dependency (the block needs some services from other blocks to work
properly).

With (2) I disagree to "force" users to include a block in a build when
the dependency is fully related to "samples of the block" that in
production I will not use at all.

That way I think we need to document the "kind" of dependency needed by
the block.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo