cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Internet Explorer, XHTML, and CForms
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:54:49 GMT
Steve Krulewitz dijo:
> What do you think?

<joke>
Looks to me as a ugly hack. Why we need to hack to patch a buggie browser
that not meet the specifications? I think this is a not a good idea?
Another solution is tell your users the browser they use is buggie and ask
them to download a better browser :-D
</joke>

Seriously, first of all, thanks for digging in this problem and point out
the problem.

It will be very hard if not imposible adding a special hack for a bug in a
current release of a browser. AFAIK a <map:selector> allow you to know
what kind of browser sent the request and based on this info you can use a
customized serializer to workaround the problem.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo