cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accepting new blocks
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:21:30 GMT
Le Lundi, 1 mars 2004, à 11:13 Europe/Zurich, Andreas Hartmann a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Seeing how hard it is to retrofit tests and docs to existing blocks,
>> maybe we should require the following for any new non-scratchpad
>> block:
>> -samples
>> -automated tests
>> -documentation (in the block itself, I don't think our docs structure
>> makes it easy to integrate docs from blocks)
>
> What documentation format would be required here?

I don't think any mechanism is in place currently to integrate
documentation from blocks into the main docs. If I'm right, either
something must be created, or we must accept whatever the blocks
creators provide, as long as it gives sufficent info about the block.
Good self-documenting samples might be ok for simple blocks.

> Does it make sense to use the Forrest format (how
> would it be rendered)?

You could probably use the pipelines currently used to render docs
locally. But if would be better to find a simple way to integrate
blocks docs into the main docs, unfortunately I cannot help with this
ATM.

-Bertrand