cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit:cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:52:30 GMT
Stephan Michels dijo:
> Okay here another vote(and I wait more than 24h)
>
> Move java into scratchpad?
>
> [X] Move it into scratchpad
> [ ] Leave it where it is
> [ ] Rename it to _______

There is not JavascriptFlow Block.

> My opinion is to leave it where it is, because I heard too much the
> argument that "flow is a great thing, but javascript?!".
> People already started to port the flow stuff for example to Struts, see
> http://www.rollerweblogger.org/page/roller/20040327#jsp_control_flow_engine

I read it and wonder if he knows that already some people is
"manipulating" DAO beans with OJB using the nasty javascript Flow Engine
in a very easy way. :-P (See the bottom line of the above post).

> I think the java flow thing is too important to go with it into
> scratchpad. For example you could also use Groovy to implement your
> flow, because Groovy also produces Java classes.

Agree.

> I done a lot of afford to make it work like the javascript
> implementation. So that it is only a choise, which language you
> prefer.
>
> But I'm curious about our opinions, Stephan Michels.

I think it is a big improvement and thanks both of you. Mainly because I
hope we will see the born of future implementations in diferent languages.
What at first sight can looks like a "balkanization" [(TM) by Stefano] is
good because allow people not Java (or Javascript) oriented to jump in the
Cocoon way. And this is good.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo