cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Less is more... or less?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:12:57 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> An example: last week, a customer of mine (I do mentoring for them and
> they're not subscribed to users@) asked me "I get a "no such property or
> method" error when calling context.getRealPath() in my flowscript.
> Why?". I answered that this method isn't available in flowscript and
> provided a 10-lines workaround involving looking up the sourceresolver
> and resolving a "context://" URL.

Can you provide more info about this issue? We had the same problem some
weeks ago and solved in a total diferent approach. Maybe our solution can
help you too.

I remember the old discusions about why block some parts of the API. The
overall idea was to avoid abusing of flow (javascript) to write all the
code there.

But thinking about why flow exists: As a controller. I realize the
controller must be able to solve paths in order to delegate.

So I am +1 in reviewing what we have avaliable and what not in FOM.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.