cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: coco on-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:55:01 GMT
First, I love the idea of Java Flow. However, I'd also like to see
JavaScript Flow in a block so I can disable it if I want.

Second, at first I liked the idea of disabling unstable blocks by default,
but after looking at blocks.properties I get the feeling that all that would
do is make it a pain to get the sample site working, unless the build was
changed to use a samples.blocks.properties to build the sample site.
Blocks.properties clearly identifies the unstable blocks so I don't think
that is a problem.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 12:33 AM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit:
cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow

Le 30 mars 04, à 10:20, Marc Portier a écrit :
> ...just an idea popping up: why not reverse the default
> exclude.block.XXX setting for the unstable ones?
>
> then people will need to enable those and thus be more explicitely
> confronted?...

I like the idea, and it's easy to do as blocks.properties are generated
from gump.xml.

Problem is, this means shipping with many blocks disabled. I think this
would warrant a notice at the top of the "blocks with samples" page,
something like "see blocks.properties for a list of all available
blocks".

-Bertrand