cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject I18n transformer and JXTemplates
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:01:18 GMT
We ran into a little problem. In our I18n catalogs we want to have variables
which are dynamically replaced by variables in the request or the session.
So what we are doing is something like:

        <map:pipeline internal="true">

            <map:match pattern="Retrieve/**">

                <map:generate src="documents/{1}"/>

                <map:transform type="i18n">

                    <map:parameter name="locale"
value="{request-param:i18n-locale}"/>

                </map:transform>

                <map:serialize type="xml"/>

            </map:match>

        </map:pipeline>

        <map:pipeline>

           <map:match pattern="**">

             <map:generate type="jx" src="cocoon:/Retrieve/{0}"/>

             <map:serialize type="xml"/>

           </map:match>

         </map:pipeline>

This works fine, except for one problem.  If the values in the catalog
contain things like <jx:out value="${request:xxxx}"/> the I18n transformer
will replace {request:xxxx} with nothing leaving only the $ as the value.
So what we'd like to know is if there is any way to keep the I18n
transformer from replacing these so they can be processed by the
JXTemplateGenerator.  If not, I'd be happy to create a patch to allow it if
someone has a good idea on a good approach.

Thanks,

Ralph