cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: [RT] On building on stone
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:48:26 GMT
Yes. I guess I always assumed that all things named excalibur-whatever would
be part of the same subproject.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)
[mailto:hamilton.oliveira@agenciaclick.com.br]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:38 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [RT] On building on stone

I think you are misunderstanding things.. Exacalibur is a set of reusable
components. Yup, there is also an ECM fella that shares the name and is used
by cocoon. But this doesn't make avalon larger.

> Not that I'm against switching to another container, its just that I
thought
> Avalon was originally born from Cocoon in the first place.  What is ironic
> is things like the Source Resolver that used to be cocoon classes are now
> Excalibur classes.

Just for creating a library - or something similar - of reusable components.

> I think a major problem is that the "container" (i.e. Excalibur) has just
> gotten way too large.  IMO it should be about managing the lifecycle and
> pooling of components and nothing else.

AFAIK ECM does exactly that and nothing else..

--
hammett