cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Store options
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:01:42 GMT
Would it be possible to implement this as a plugin in Cocoon?  This could be
done by requiring adherence to the current JSR 107 spec (assuming you can
find it).

While the default could be JCS, other alternatives are
jcache.sourceforge.net, Tangosol Coherence, Spiritsoft and who knows what
else.  This would also make it easier to swap to another caching
implementation should JCS turn out to have significant problems.

Since we are already using Tangosol in our EJB container it would be nice to
be able to leverage it in Cocoon as well.

I'm assuming, of course, that JCS isn't providing stuff beyond JSR 107 that
you absolutely need.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Corin Moss [mailto:Corin.Moss@tvnz.co.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 6:42 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Store options

Hi Guys,
Sorry to bring this one up again, has anyone given any more thought to
options for a cache / store implementation?  My feeling at the moment is
that JCS is the best of an imperfect bunch.   There are definitely some
problems in its implementation of JSR-107, but I really like the
functionality it does have.  From what I can tell, JCS has not been very
well cared for over the last year or so.  The core developers don't have a
lot of time to work on it.  Is there any way we can get the ASF to (perhaps)
take JCS out of Turbine and put it into an incubator of its own, or promote
JCS as a project as part of Cocoon or Avalon?
I really think that there is some great work done there, in danger of
getting lost.  It is certainly a better approach (IMHO) than starting off
developing another caching / store system.
WDYT?
Corin
Corin Moss
Lead Developer