cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:41:25 GMT
I second this opinion.  Our development is focused on using 2.1 since that
is what is available. Although we are many months from deploying I wouldn't
want to make a switch to 2.2 that late in the development.  We have a
requirement to be able to instrument as much as possible, so getting a
handle on pool sizes, etc. would be very valuable. We have a requirement to
do this through JMX, so I'm definitely up to doing some work on this. This
task is actually already on my schedule for the week after next.

As for how hard it is, you just create Mbeans that monitor and manage
things. As long as they can call methods that get and set the needed
information you're set.

There are also some very nice tools around to do some of this for you. One
of the tools we are evaluating is AdventNet JMX Studio and Applications
Manager. If anyone has experience with these please let me know.

Ralph